Tuesday, April 17, 2012

April Showers

Are you detecting a pattern here?  Since we're only blessed with one (maybe two if we're lucky) days of sunshine and warmth each week, I seem to be subliminally creating Spring in my craft room.  My recent blogs have been all about flowers and butterflies lately!


Well, my friends, today is no exception.  Here is another of my craft projects this week  .  .  .


I wore this pin out in public last week, got a few compliments so  .  .  .  one thing led to two more


These flowers are made from batik fabric which I ruched, dotted with a yo~yo and button


Final step was adding a pinback.  A little bit of color to add to a sweater, jacket, coat or whatever keeps me warm 'til Spring decides to make its appearance. 

3 comments:

Terrie R. said...

Ha ha, great idea! Those are really cute. They would make cute scarf pins as well.

Debbie said...

Love those! Will you be sharing a tutorial on how to make them Sharon? I would love to make one for myself!

Unknown said...

These are just adorable! Loved seeing it in person too! We need more of that...see you Saturday..pray for sun!