Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Beanbags for the Grands

Just recently bean bags were brought to my attention while at the lake cabin.  My friend Judy keeps one there for her grandkids to play with.

  Simply picking it up brought back memories of playing with them as a kid.  Kim tossed it around a bit, made up some games it could be used for and thought maybe her grandkids might have some fun with them.

Hence my latest project . . .

Using some soft corduroy from my stash, I cut 2 each at 6" x 4 1/2", pinned them front sides together and sewed them thusly . . .

 turned them right side out and filled them lightly with these small plastic pellets I had on hand (you want them to be squishy) . . .

 then pinned the opening and hand sewed it closed . . .

 We'll see if two 4~year~olds will find some joy in toys that are not high~tech, totally "hands on" 

I made four of these (different colors for the other set) so each could have two to play with.

And such a fast and easy craft . . . less than two hours to make four (no bean) beanbags!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very cute and the corduroy looks so soft!

Off to Seattle on Thursday, wish me luck! I finally went with a new dress I had in the closet from last year...never wore it. Tangerine! Yes, I will stand out like a sore thumb...oh, well.