Saturday, January 23, 2021

Days Like This

 On a lazy winter morning, with nothing much to do, we spent a good deal of time bird-watching.

With the ground frozen and the temp in the 20s, they were voracious today.  We always have finch, sparrows and juncos at our feeders, but today we have chickadees and I spotted a rare red breasted nuthatch. One little wren is with us all seasons of the year. Guess it pays to take the time (of which I have much of) in studying the birdlife in our area.

Sadly we don't have the colorful song birds like in the rest of the country.  Finches, both house and gold, are the most color we get from the bird world.


They are messy as you can see.  A cleaning job for Spring.

We have a large laurel bush in our planting circle that the birds love to hide under and a small evergreen tree for them to perch on.  I'm loving our small back yard. 


No comments: