Monday, July 12, 2021

Rocks ... you gotta love 'em

 Kim and Ben purchased a claim in Idaho where they spent a lot of time this summer.   With gold fever, and EPA/government permission slips,  they are just beginning to dig in earnest.

Since they are near a river, I asked her if she could find some smooth river rocks for me to paint on. She found them 6 feet deep in the soil.  Yesterday she brought me two rocks ~ one is a heart shape.


  
When I picked it up, ore dust transferred to my fingers.  I know ore dust; I grew up in a mining town in Minnesota.  I was about to run my dishwasher and figured they would come out spotless clean if they went in with the dirty dishes.  Problem solved?  No!  

It is actually a solid piece of iron ore and will rub off forever.

Won't be painting on this one but the other has possibilities.


She looks good among my succulents

No comments: