Sunday, March 13, 2022

Scavenged Fabrics From Mom

 Years and years ago, while visiting my Mom in Minnesota, I was allowed to look through the trunk that held her fabrics.  And she said I could pick out what I wanted.  That included as much as could be taken home with me on the plane.

I have put to use so many of those vintage fabrics that she sewed with most of her life.  Been saving these pieces ever since . . .


They are printed cotton samples.  The colors are reminiscent of the 50's to me.  Remember pink and brown together and that certain shade of green?

Since it will be a rainy week as predicted, I decided I would make small heart pillows with yo-yos.  Each piece is just under 10" x 13" and there are two in the groups that match.  So maybe a pair of similar pillows.

Here is the first one made this morning . . .


Ruffles and yo-yos and rickrack . . . all vintage from my stash!

Thanks Mom


No comments: