In the hopes of enticing butterflies to my garden, I painted this sign and intend to hang it where they can't miss it . . . close to my butterfly bush!
Here are photos of past summer's visitors . . .
As you can see, there are not many varieties of butterflies in this area. The occasional shy Morning Cloak will come by at times. I'm hoping the sign may bring some more unusual species for me to photograph.


7 comments:
butterfly bushes are my fave!! I have one on the side of my home and it has grown another 3-4" since last year. I am looking forward to the blooms coming soon. Mine is a Purple Knight I believe is the correct name.
I love your sign! I have a collection of butterfly bushes maybe I should use your idea. I don't have a lot of varieties of butterflies, but what I do have I have a lot of. I have never seen one like the last one in your pictures...beautiful!
The sign is just lovely and perfect for your garden. The butterflies are gorgeous!
Adorable! It's time to keep some of our hard labors for ourselves! Love the photos..never seen that last butterfly.
Great photos....butterflies can be so hard to capture!
Well I don't really see how they can miss that sign. Nice pictures. Love butterflies. In fact I'm doing a butterfly embroidery right now.
Cute Easter eggs. I made those a few years ago.They were fun to do.
Nancy Jo
I did not know butterflies could read!
Beautiful garden. Hope you get lots of butterflies this year.
Post a Comment